Did you know that your Internet Explorer is out of date?To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or download another web browser.
A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. Just click on the icons to get to the download page.
Your browser will need to close to complete the installation and you will need to manually reload the site when finished
Other similar job titles you may be intertested in include:
Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Administrator
There are no Open Vacancies that Match your Search
Please view a sample career profile in the box below
or click here to browse all open vacancies
Purchasing Manager Career Profile
A typical Purchasing/Procurement Manager will have management responsibilities of a team and such a role will look to take full ownership of the assigned categories in which you and your team will engage and influence key stakeholders to help make significant cost savings. The Purchasing Manager will provide procurement and commercial advice to the organisation for the best practice procurement strategies to help deliver savings for the organisation.
Typical Key Skills for a Purchasing Manager would include
- Experience of Managing people
- Significant experience of managing at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to develop, maintain and share demonstrable subject matter expertise
- Supplier relationship management
- Project management skills
- Significant key achievements around the delivery of agreed savings targets
- Proven track record in delivering end to end procurement process's
- Flexible in their approach and possess the ability to manage change effectively
- Able to build effective relationships at all levels
- Manage and resolve conflict
- Educated to MBA / Degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Good level of IT literacy and proficiency using Purchase to Pay systems